Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Great Entertainer

"Not a shred of evidence exists  in favor of the idea that life is serious."  -- Brendan Gill


I have new bangs, and I'm none too pleased about them.  But hair grows.  And I've never been one to worry about the outcome of my hair (ask anyone who knew me in high school... yeah, I had a different hair color every week: pink, platinum blonde, black, whatever).  Thankfully, though, my current bangs look okay-- and people at work have been complimenting me on them.  Most often, I'll smile and say "thank you," but with my close friends I'll laugh and say "Thanks... but there's a story there."  (and there is a story...)

My coworker and good friend Estela mentioned them to me yesterday.  Because she's a close friend, I laughed and said "yeah, and it's a funny story."  Estela laughed as I told her, and she proceeded to tell me that I have a funny story for everything in life. 

It's true, though.  I do.  I love telling my stories (not obvious, is it?), and for some reason it seems that everything I do in life has a funny side-story to it.  And I wonder... do I make my life interesting, or am I just blessed enough to have a life that's funny enough for me to entertain others with?  I'm not offended-- I'll be the first to admit that some very strange things happen to me, and most of them (even if scary/ creepy/ whatever at first) are pretty funny when I recount them to others.  I love new and interesting experiences, and I love to entertain people.  Seems like my life is perfect, then, huh?   :)  

So do I just seek out the comedy in my daily routine?  Have I created my comical life, or did I just happen upon it?  Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment