Thursday, December 23, 2010

Day 6: Coming Home

I got out of work early today. Made the mistake of trying to pick up some last-minute gifts in Portage. Westnedge was ridiculous... clearly a bad choice. I went home, wrapped a few gifts, packed my bags, and left for Frankenmuth. I stopped by Biggby for a coffee before getting on the expressway. When Dan, the guy who was working there, asked me for my order, I told him a soy latte. Flavor? Surprise me. He gave me a neopolitan-- strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate. It was amazing. It kept me awake on the way back to Frankenmuth. I got to my mom's house, put on my prom dress (yes, from my senior year) because I love it, and we went for a drive with my sister Amanda to look at the Christmas lights around town. And if you've ever seen Frankenmuth at Christmastime, you'll know it's the coolest thing ever. Makes me happy that I get to come here for Christmas. We finished our holiday color tour. I'm currently lying on my mom's loveseat (and I'm still wearing my prom dress, but with slippers and a hoodie to complete the ensemble), and Amanda and my mom are on the couch. We're watching My Sister's Keeper, which could possibly be the greatest movie ever. This might be the best night of my life. I love my family and I'm happy to be home for Christmas. La vita e bella.

2 comments:

  1. You make me smile, Miss Lanie! Have a wonderful time with your family. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though that movie is so VERY VERY sad...I love it! I was introduced to it just by chance and it might possibly be my favorite movie ever! The story line makes me think of my family and how special they are to me. I love you and Liz more than words can possibly say. There is a special bond between sisters, and we definitely have it. Oh...you forgot one very special moment on that particular evening. "MISS SWAN"!! That was my favorite part I think. Love you sissy!

    ReplyDelete