Thursday, December 9, 2010

Argyle Wednesdays!


Argyle Party Pictures, Images and Photos
As if it weren't obvious...
this is NOT a photo of Sarah, Ariane, and me.
 Argyle Wednesdays are a recent development (and one that's gaining quite a bit of interest, might I add) at my job.  It all started the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, when Sarah and I both wore argyle sweaters on the same day (by accident, I promise).  We were so tickled by the wardrobe phenomenon that we decided to make it a weekly event.  The next Wednesday, Sarah, Ariane, and I decided to all wear argyle sweaters (Ariane wasn't at work for the first celebration of argyle, and we wanted to include her in our happy matchy-matchy day). 

Unfortunately, that next Wednesday we got to work and not only were we all wearing argyle, but we were all sporting blue argyle sweaters with teal and green accents.  And gray pants to complete the ensemble.  Of course we looked rad-- that's the point!  Well... I thought we looked pretty rad.  Sarah and Ariane were horrified by the fact that we looked like three high school clique-ster girls walking down the hallway at work, so they each donned a jacket over their sweaters.  I'm happy to say that I wore my colors proudly-- flew my freak flag high that day. 

Argyle Wednesday sounds like it should be part of a high school spirit week, you say?  Perhaps.  But it's fun.  And it gives me something to look forward to on Wednesdays.  I don't care if it makes me look like I'm part of a group of 15-year-old girlfriends.  My job rocks.  And we have our own little argyle club on Wednesdays (to boost morale, I say).

My sister says that Pfizer changed when I arrived (apparently no one had theme days before...).  I brought the "high school" to Pfizer.  And you know what?  I'm proud of it.  Rah Rah Rah.

1 comment:

  1. I dig Argyle Wednesday - and yes, I too am proud to be a part of the themed days here at Pfizer. I heart my freak flag.

    P.S. I wore a jacket over my sweater because I'm too big and it's too small - catch my drift? =)

    ReplyDelete