Saturday, December 18, 2010

Day 1: 50 Things About Me

Today is the first day of my 21-day blog challenge.  The last couple days have been pretty crazy/busy for me, so I decided to wait till today for my first post (to make it worthwile to my loyal readers, whoever you are).  What better way to begin this challenge than to write about myself? 

For those of you who know me well, this will likely just be a review for you.  For those of you who perhaps don't talk to me so often or don't know me at all, this will likely help you get to know me better.  Thank you-- all of you who read my blog-- I appreciate the interest, and I welcome any and all feedback (yes, both positive AND negative).  50 things.  Go.

  1. When I was in kindergarten, I hated my first name. At my kindergarten graduation my teacher wanted me to tell the audience my name, and I refused to do so.  I wanted to legally change my name at the age of 5.  Since then, I've gotten over it. I guess you've got to pick your battles, huh?  Now people call me Lanie.
  2. I don't trust people who look at the ground when they walk. If the rest of us have to face the world, so should they.
  3. I absolutely ♥ Michael Flatley's Lord of the Dance.  I watch it/ listen to it almost daily.
  4. Green is my favorite color.
  5. Every day I sport two different earrings at the same time.  Quirky?  Yes.
  6. My most-listened-to Pandora station is one that plays film scores.  My very favorite songs (of all songs, not just in this particular genre) are the themes from Star Trek, Indiana Jones, Band of Brothers, Lord of the Rings, Transformers, Edward Scissorhands, Avatar, and Cider House Rules
  7. I love Taco Bell mild sauce.  I'll drink it straight from its packet.
  8. I use hand sanitizer more than is necessary.  On last count, I own 27 different bottles of hand sanitizer (all from Bath & Body Works).
  9. I love hot dogs.  I'm vegan, though, so I don't eat them.  But a hot dog is the one meat product that I crave.
  10. I don't necessarily care for shopping, but it's like an involuntary motion.  My body MAKES me shop.  I swear.
  11. I moved to Kalamazoo in April and I love it.
  12. I hate being watched.
  13. If I could stay in school forever, I would.
  14. I don't think it's enough to simply have time for someone you care about; it means more if you make time for that person.
  15. I recently purchased a Honda Civic, and I call it the "Starship Honda."
  16. I love to bake.  I love to paint.  I love to photograph anything.
  17. I don't tend to hold grudges, and I don't believe in revenge.  But I do believe in karma, both good and bad.  And believe me, I've seen both.
  18. I recently had a lab mix named Harper, whom I lost in July.  She was my entire world :)  And I think of her fondly-- every day. 
  19. Before Harper, I had a small terrier named Joey.  His papers said he was "unsexed" due to the fact that he was neutered.  So I used to call him my little princess.
  20. I live in an apartment with three roommates-- two of them, I chose to live with.  The third one... well... I did not choose her.  But that's another blog, another time. 
  21. I love being independent.  Independent people are my favorite people.
  22. If you ask my best friends to give one fact about me, it would likely be this: I'm boy crazy.
  23. There are a few key traits I look for in a guy: compassion, faith, independence, intelligence, originality, and passion (about anything).
  24. Did I mention I love people who go against the grain?
  25. I begin celebrating Christmas in October. 
  26. I think everyone should know how to do their own laundry by age 15.
  27. When I was 7, my dream was to own my own dude ranch.  I called it the Applebee 7 Guest Ranch, and I had drawn out building plans.  It'll probably never happen.
  28. I hate heartbreak. Unfortunately, I think it's almost vital to living a young woman's life.
  29. I have stories, stories, and more stories.  I've been told a million times that I should write a book.  I started it four years ago.  I'm on my fourth page.
  30. By the way, I live for procrastination.
  31. I hate liars.
  32. I often have a lot to say.  I talk until someone stops me.
  33. I'm not sure if there's anything better than a blank, leather-bound book.
  34. But George Winston on a rainy day is pretty good too.
  35. I cry at every episode of Desperate Housewives.  As well as every Cymbalta commercial.
  36. I learn the most by trying new things.
  37. I can never make up my mind.
  38. I love to dress up, but I also love to lounge around in pajamas.
  39. I hate wearing socks.  And it's impossible for me to sleep while wearing them.
  40. I love my sisters, and I admire both of them.
  41. My worst trait: jealousy.
  42. My biggest fear: failure.
  43. My 2nd biggest fear: clowns.
  44. My 3rd biggest fear: humans dressed as animals (including, but not limited to, mascots).  I'm pretty sure that stems from watching the real-life version of Alice in Wonderland as a child...and being scared to death of it.  Side note: a human dressed as a rabbit will send me into panic mode.
  45. My biggest pet peeve: speeling arrers.
  46. I work a lot.  I have three jobs: I work for Pfizer, for Shakespeare's, and as a tutor.
  47. I love Tuesdays-- always have-- and I don't know why.
  48. I miss being a kid.  If I could go back to the summers when I was 7 or 8, I would stay there. Permanently.
  49. I enjoy making new friends, but I love my old friends and always will. 
  50. My family is the most important thing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment