Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Will the tea choose you?

Is it a coincidence that most of my favorite teas have little quotations on the teabags? Do I choose the tea because of the little pearls of wisdom I gain with each cup of tea? Hmm... on the other hand, does the tea choose me?

There are brands of tea (like Yogi and Good Earth) that not only offer phenomenal tea, but offer some inspiration on each bag of scrumtrulescent tea.  I bought a box of Good Earth Sweet & Spicy Original Tea after reading my friend Marcella's blog that boasted exactly how fantastic it was.  (Follow her blog, by the way-- you won't be sorry!) 

So anyway, I bought this box of tea, took it home, and brewed it-- and was immediately hooked.  I took it into work the next day and brewed another cup, and had a number of people stop by my office to ask me what smelled so good (yes, it was the tea-- the luscious aroma of cinnamon, chamomile, anise seed, ginger, and orange was wafting through our entire office).  I'm no longer the only one in my office who brews this tea (and our office smells simply amazing).  In the words of my dear coworker Ariane, "it's like drinking Christmas."  If you're looking for something that WON'T disappoint you... try Good Earth's Sweet & Spicy Original tea. I promise you'll love it, even if you don't love tea. Warming up with a cup of this scrumtrulescence is like wrapping yourself in a cozy spicy-sweet blanket of cinnamon hugs. Find it (most likely) at your local health food store-- and you can also find it at Kroger, Wal-Mart, and D&W. But if you can, patronize the local health food store instead. Always a good deed :) 

And, by the way, if you go here, you can print a coupon for Good Earth tea.  Smart shoppers are the best shoppers!

And if you go here, you can get Yogi inspiration without drinking tea.  Pretty sweet :)


Here's a few of my favorite teatime quotes (and yes, I save the good ones):

"Let people bask in your radiance and sunshine." (That was actually from my coworker Mary, who gave it to me because she said it fit me)
"If you see good, learn something.  If you see bad, learn what not to be."
"Wait for that wisest of all counselors, Time." -- Pericles
"When you cannot get a compliment any other way pay yourself one." --Mark Twain
"Our patience will achieve more than our force." --Edmund Burke
"Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you." --Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment