Wednesday, November 24, 2010

It's Been Fun, 2010. Here's 75 reasons I'm thankful to be alive.

Dear 2010,
you’ve been good to me.  Ah, the holiday season is yet again quickly approaching.  Time for Tofurky and yams :)  Yessssssss!



This year I’m thankful for the following (and these are in no particular order):


1) my family

2) my friends—both new and old

3) My roommates (yeah, they rock... well, 2 out of 3 isn't bad)

4) Adam Barnes –without whom I might have very few friends in Kzoo

5) “The Flock”

6) the time I was able to spend with Harper

7) my job

8) the fact that I didn’t get any of those other jobs I applied for

9) Trader Joe’s

10) My Droid

11) My baking skills

12) The “cookies” at work (and the fact that I now know their names… well.. most of them)—you make my workday worth it :)

     a. “Beardie Boy”

     b. “The Last of the Mohicans”

     c. "Green Hat"

     d. “Fun Size Cookie”

     e. “Tattoos”

     f. “Hot Tall Guy”

     g. “Hot Tall Guy #2”

     h. “Charlie Brownie”

     i. “Dream Boy”

     j. “Prepackaged Cookie”

     k. “Pecan Sandy”

     l. “Baker’s Dozen”

     m. “Enable Your Cookies”

     n. “Galleta”

     o. And all the rest of you Fig Newties out there…

13) All my coworkers

14) Morning recess (yes, at my big person job)

15) Afternoon recess (no lie)

16) Nap rooms (can’t make this up)

17) Tofurky

18) Cookies

19) my new boots

20) running trails in Portage/ Kalamazoo

21) Oreos

22) Squash

23) Pandora radio

24) Theme songs

25) the Starship Honda

26) photos

27) Post-It notes

28) Sharpies

29) A vegan diet

30) Sawall’s Health Food Store

31) Hand sanitizer

32) Bath and Body Works

33) The fact that the restroom is almost directly across the hall from my office

34) The fact that I had braces in high school

35) Biggby Coffee

36) Tea

37) The big 24 oz pink water bottle that my sister let me “borrow” 7 months ago

38) Half marathons

39) Doctors

40) My iPod

41) FiveFingers

42) Facing my fears on a number of occasions (python-handler extraordinaire)

43) Jan, the lady who works at the Pfizer cafeteria

44) My desk calendar from my mom

45) Ireland

46) Lake Michigan

47) Silver Lake

48) The Office

49) Paintbrushes and canvasses

50) 804 Castlefort

51) 4296 Hidden Hills Dr.

52) Argentina

53) Mi familia Rosarina

54) Beards

55) My hair straightener

56) Guatemala

57) The fact that I’m involved in the Weiss/ Maurer, Tuthill/ Weiss, and Reinbold/ Palm weddings.

58) The Bavarian Inn Lodge (yes, that’s right… good things come from weird places sometimes)

59) Harry Potter

60) The Twilight saga

61) Sunny days

62) Cloudy days

63) My bed

64) Taco Bell mild sauce

65) Hot dogs (even though I don’t eat ‘em)

66) Falafel

67) Shawarma King

68) Chicago

69) Trains

70) Jeremy, the cleaning guy.

71) Bagels

72) Antibiotics

73) Facebook

74) Silk brand soymilk

75) LIFE—and a good one at that. Yeah, I’m living the life. And I’m thankful for that.

76) cupcakes

77) Earth Balance buttery spread

78) Lip dubs like this

79) Cooper and his hugs

80) forgiveness





Oh, I'm sorry... I know I said only 75 things.  I can't help but be overly gracious :)

2 comments: