Monday, June 28, 2010

La Vita Bella

I know you're familiar with the Dean Martin song "That's Amore." Even if you're not in love with someone at the moment (and for the record, I'm not), this song can have a profound effect on the way you look at life. I was listening to Dean-o while driving home from a fantastic weekend at the beach. I had just come from a quaint little cottage, where I had spent a couple days lying in the sun, drinking some fun beverages, and eating phenomenal food with my amazing new work friends. To top it off, I was thinking about my plans for next weekend, which I'll be spending (with my ever-so-awesome new friends) at a cabin on another lake. Yeah, it was Sunday. And yeah, it looked like the sky was brewing up what looked like a nasty tornado. And yeah, I had to head back to work the next day. But at that moment, I was humming along with Mr. Martin and thinking that life couldn't be better. I'm in love with life at the moment. The past couple months have been hectic, relaxed, frustrating, exhilarating... just a whirlwind of amazingness spinning through my life. So here's a big grazie to each of you who has made my life so much fun recently. I'm thankful to everyone who's helped in the transition period (especially my sister Liz and brother-in-law Gregg, who have graciously taken me under their wings both at home and work... lucky folks, huh? Haha). Anyway, life is good. Even today, after a long Monday at work, I feel lost in a dream, but I know I'm not dreaming. And according to Dean Martin, that's Amore.

No comments:

Post a Comment